Sunday, 25 January 2015

Makeup | 'MY' Everyday Nude Lipstick (MY In Capitals)


Hi

Here I am, 7pm GMT on Sunday again, as promised.

I wanted to talk about my discovery that will and already has changed my life drastically; MY PERFECT EVERDAY NUDE!

The reason I am making such a huge deal out of this is because it has taken me 4.5 years to find a nude that isn't too pale or brown that compliments my skin colour. 4.5 YEARS.

Lo and behold, Burberry Lip Velvet Lipstick in the colour Peony Rose.


 
Matte packaging. All that needs to be said.






When I saw the Burberry counter I let out a hideous pig squeal. The lady on the  counter (the only one of two in the UK at the time - Boots, Meadowhall in Sheffield) was this gorgeous Australian woman who used to be a freelance make-up artist for MAC. She saw that I had MAC Rebel on and presumed I wanted a bold lipstick. Now, I did set myself a goal that day to get something (or two!) from the Burberry counter, but I wasn't feeling the "bold lipstick buying vibe". So I picked up Peony Rose. This was after dwindling the choices down and picking this range of lipstick because of the matte packaging because I felt like going for a lipstick - a matte one.  I swatched them all on my hand and Peony Rose stood out to be the best lipstick colour for me. That's that. LITTLE DID I KNOW THIS WAS ACTUALLY THE PERFECT LIPSTICK I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING THE SEAS HIGH AND LOW FOR! Life changing! (Okay calm down now Abby...)

I also picked up a Burberry Iconic Colour Nail Polish in the shade Gold No. 447. But that's a story for another day ;)

What's your favourite everyday nude? I need to do more investigation to see if I can get more choices.


Ciao for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment