Sunday, 5 July 2015

Skincare | My Skincare Experience at Glastonbury 2015


My skin took a turn for the worse after I visited the infamous Glastonbury... Makeup wipes galore, baby wipes a-plenty and anti-bac for those "just-in-case" moments!

Ewwww is all I can say :(


So, the morning of the first day, I made sure I cleased the shizz out of my skin with my "skin" cleanser and a flannel. From here on out, it was downhill..
Evening of the first night, I had to take my grime off my face with a make up wipe. THE STINGING!!! My eyes were burning off; I had to rub my mascara off without using the wipe across my whole eye so I could be free of the stinging! Anyway, I had no choice for goodness sake..
In the morning, I would wake up and "cleanse" my face with a makeup wipe, (more stinging), apply moisturiser and then my everyday SPF. In the evening, I would take the grime off again with a makeup wipe.


This carried on for another three days and two nights. PURE TORTURE.


By day 2, my skin started flaring up with eczema around my eyes and mouth with a combination of dry skin and the weird pimples I get on my forehead was across the whole of it, down to my temples, and times the normal by 100. It was not a pretty sight and "NOOOOO" is all I could think throughout the whole weekend!
Anyway, there was nothing I could do, so I just carried on slapping on my spf and makeup and went on my merry way to the land of Glastonbury! 
(I don't know why I'm moaning so much, because it was such an AMAZING time and I miss being there so so so much, the camping and everything! But in the nature of my skincare loving soul, I had to share my experience).

So when I got back, my face was a spf mash up with dry skin and eczema; I was a looker I can assure you.


So this is an awful represenation of my dry skin/eczema, but can you see the dry skin around my mouth? Times that size by 20 and that was by my right eye... This was the first day :(


First day I got back I made sure I doubled cleansed (maybe even triple, can't quite remember the nightmare scenario that was my face), did a REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask, toned, moisturise spray'd, eyecream'd, serum'd, and treatment oil'd. I WAS AT ONE AGAIN WITH MY SKIN.

Oh another product I forgot to mention is my ECZEMA CREAM. LIFE SAVIOUR. (see below picture)


Obviously, you can't buy this from the shops (I've been prescribed this from the doctors) but I've been using this around my eyes (I don't apply too close to the eyes!) and mouth to calm my eczema down. After two days, my eczema and dry skin disappeared! YAY! This combined with the Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion, my skin is back to normal. It was back to normal by yesterday (Saturday the 4th July), so it only took 4-5 days to sort, which I am surprised about actually!

Lo and behold, my skin looks healthy again!

 
The best my skin has looked in a while!


Well, that was a longer-than-expected post from me! I'm pretty sure I've missed off some thoughts I've had over last weekend, but the eczema, dry skin, the pimples on my forehead and the stinging are the main things that stick to my mind. The only good thing to have come from this experience, is the fast recovery!


If you have a Q's about Glastonbury (doesn't have to be about skincare) leave me a comment or tweet me @abbylawbeauty.

I'll be on holiday for when my next post is live, which will be going up next week. So, see you on the tanned, relaxed and don't-want-to-go-back-to-work side!


Ciao x


No comments:

Post a Comment